Through paintings, press and plastics the Museum offers one rich visual documentation of the development of Florence from the Rinascimento to the end of the past century. Beside the great reproduction of the famous Plant of the Chain of 1470, the topographical plant of Stefano Bonsignori (1594 is found), before found scientifically.
The series of the twelve celebrates Lunette di Giusto di Utens (1599) offers to an important testimony of the medicee villas to the end of the 1500's. The 1700's it is documented from the beautiful views of the Zocchi, while in the nineteenth-century section they detach the images of the Old Market and the Ghetto Hebrew before the destruction.
One new section, been born in occasion of the extension To the origins of Florence, illustrates the evolution of the area fiorentina from the first takeovers to the roman age